Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tom Friedman

Just read his column. Am I the only person who perceives that past his patriotic humanitarianism there is a deep and nasty self-satisfaction? Am I the only person who is bothered by that? I don't really have a problem with Tom Friedman's politics per se. The New York Times already employs Roger Cohen to write essays that are essentially the same as Tom Friedman's, except that Cohen's essays are both frank about reality and sensitive about the people who live in reality at the same time, as opposed to Friedman's, which like I said before, have a barely concealed self-satisfation.
My life is below average in many ways. Impressing Tom Friedman is unimportant to me, but I would still like to be better than I am now by being and having been more moral and more employed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home