Tuesday, July 31, 2012

David Brooks on Peggy Noonan on Politics

David Brooks writes that he agrees with Peggy Noonan about the boredom and lack of creativity of the current campaign for President. I guess that I agree with him, but a lot of creativity can turn into extremism. I believe that people are equal and that the most important thing for people to do is to respect that equality. People are only bad when they do not respect that equality. That makes me a liberal, as opposed to a conservative who talks about "excellence" and being "outwardly oriented" (which is actually a way of being self-oriented). Their goal is cruelty. Nevertheless, I feel that respect for the traditions of society are important for respecting the equality between people by lowering transaction costs and discouraging arrogance. I suppose that makes me a moderate, as opposed to either a liberal or conservative, if being moderate is included as a choice.
I would like to rant about time travel, because I really want to do it. However, that is GOD's choice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home