Thursday, August 9, 2012

Stuff White People Like and Stuff Other White People Like

I am sort of interested in differences in culture and ethnicity, although I do not have any serious prejudices or hatred to cultures or ethnicities that are different from my own. Anyway, I have read parts of Stuff White People Like and noted the distinction between White People and Other White People. Is this just city mouse- country mouse? Is it bourgeois-proletariate? Is it liberal-conservative? Maybe it is based on if an area has more Catholics than either Mainstream Protestants or Evangelical Protestants according to the Association of Religious Data Archives, with cultural Catholics being White People and cultural Protestants being Other White People. There are tensions in this, but it may work. An alternative is to use college education, but that is too closely related to class to indicate two different cultures. Maybe I should think about this a bit more, like comparing Catholics to Evangelical Protestants (or Mormons) and ignoring Mainstream Protestants.
I am angry with my life because IT IS A BAD PERSON'S LIFE. I made mistakes as a child and youth, but it became bad when I started college. When I could not make my self-importance work, then I became self-pitying. I realize that many people start as self-pitying and then gradually become self-important, but for me it has been the other way around. I want to travel through time and to be good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home