Thursday, August 16, 2012

Family Research Council

I do not approve of the apparently non-fatal shooting recently at the offices of the Family Research Council in Washington, DC. I am uninterested in whether or not the Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization whose abbreviated name SPLC was probably chosen to encourage confusion with the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, the organization with which Martin Luther King, Jr. was famously associated, but I will say that this seems to be an attack that was caused by the political beliefs of the perpetrator. I still consider the right-wing to be more dangerous and violent, but there is a clear strain of intolerance among liberals, especially on the issue of gay rights. It is not enough to say that you are "intolerant of intolerance," and so on the whole you support more tolerance, when so much of gay rights activism is yelling at people because of their personal beliefs, behavior and speech about issues which I believe deeply are different from issues of ethnic prejudice. I do not want to go into it in too much detail now, and I do want to travel through time to be a better person, but whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home